If you live outside of the supported areas for the Steam version, you can continue to play the Windows Store version using the Tweaker while we try to find a reliable method for you guys. Please note that using a VPN is not recommended, as valve has been known to issue account bans for people who use them to circumvent region locks :( Hang tight!
If you have not already, please authorize your free PSO2 license in Steam by clicking Play Game once on this page while logged in. Cancel out of the install menu that pops up. You MUST DO THIS OR THE TWEAKER CANNOT LAUNCH THE GAME
Converting Windows store install to Steam install
This guide is relatively straightforward and simple. It takes a minute or two and skips all the download steps (aside from the filecheck, just to be safe). After following these steps (and linking PSO2 to your steam above), you will be ready to play PSO2 NA Steam! \o/
- Open the PSO2 Tweaker (220.127.116.11+) and change your version from "North American (MS)" to "North American (Steam)".
- On the popup, select "North American", then
"Steam" (NOT WINDOWS), then "Yes". Select the same "pso2_bin" folder you were using in your Windows Store install. (Where PSO2NA is currently installed)
- Wait for the console windows to finish, then hit OK to restart the Tweaker.
- Hit yes to do a filecheck, and wait for it to finish.
- Once the filecheck has completed, you can now launch either the Steam or Microsoft Store version of the game at any time by switching at the top.
Linking Windows Store PSO2 account to Steam account
Now that you can use the two versions side-by-side, switch the version back to "North American (MS)". Launch the game through the MS Store like before to get your code. Then close the game, switch to the "North American (Steam)" version. Launch the game, put in the code, and enjoy the game! \o/